Q3 - 2017
(1st July 2017 - 31st September 2017)
- PAR page history feature released for all documents. The history option is available on the top right of any PAR page that allows content to be added. It gives a revision history of all changes made to a page, along with the person who made the change and a timestamp.
- Staff comments can now be viewed and added when viewing an evaluation.
- Merged CMFT and UHSM on PARE.
- Auto-save feature released on all PAR documents, if a student has unsaved changes after 20 minutes of inactivity, the system will automatically save the page before logging them out.
- NMC guidelines added to timesheet for Nursing and Midwifery students.
- Mentor/Educator portfolio can now be downloaded to a PDF. (This page is available by clicking on the profile on the top right of the screen).
- Auto-save feature released on all PAR documents, if a mentor/educator has unsaved changes after 20 minutes of inactivity, the system will automatically save the page before logging them out.
- University placement office staff and module leaders can now re-open a completed PAR document. Timesheets can also be re-opened.
- Academic staff members can now download full PAR documents as a PDF.
Q2 - 2017
(1st April 2017 - 30th June 2017)
- Paper upload option now available on the timesheet. The option can be activated by the placement office. It allows students to upload a signed paper version of their timesheet.
- "Save - Previous - Next" toolbar on the PAR is now static as you scroll down a PAR page. This is particularly useful on longer PAR pages.
- Timesheet FAQs added to the system.
- University module leaders have been given access to sign a timesheet declaration. (This is restricted in some universities)
- Students can now assign their mentor/educator or tutor temporary access to their PAR document or timesheet. The student can do this by going to the 'Document Settings' within the PAR or the 'Settings' section of the timesheet. Temporary access is granted for 2 weeks. This feature is useful when the student needs to get a part of their document signed weeks after leaving a placement area.
- Mentors and educators can now view anonymised versions of pages they have signed in the past. This section also includes statistics on how many students' documents they have signed. The page can be used to aid a mentor/educator when completing their triennial review. (This page is available by clicking on the profile on the top right of the screen)
- PEFs now receive a notification when a new placement has been added to their Trust or PVI.
- Comments added to the PAR discussion tab will now trigger a notification to the student and named mentor/educator. This is particularly useful when a academic staff member wants to provide feedback to the student and mentor/educator.
Q1 - 2017
(1st January 2017 - 31st March 2017)
- 'Other Documents' section add to PAR, this allows all users with access to a document to view previous PAR documents completed by a student. (Physiotherapy educators will not have this option).
- Smartphone web browser display optimised.
- Student's interface will now include their own university placement office email. Some universities have setup a dedicated phone number for placement & PARE related queries, this is also included on the student interface.
- Unassigned named mentor/educators will now trigger a reminder email to the team/ward manager. If a team manager has not assigned a mentor after one week, the PEF is notified.
- 'Claim Student' option has been added to the mentor/educator dashboard, this allows a mentor/educator to assign themselves to a student if the team/ward manager has not already assigned them. It does not allow a mentor/educator to change the assigned mentor/educator.
- Mark-sheet created to allow university staff to manage all PAR documents and timesheets per cohort. This includes a colour coded section to show if a section is completed or not, as well a checklist for each placement experience. Timesheet hours are totalled across all years and extra hours can be added if required. The mark-sheet is only available to courses using the online PAR document.
- A spreadsheet containing all information in the mark-sheet can be downloaded
- Placement offices can now edit email addresses.
- Academic Links/Link Lecturers can now view all PAR documents in a cohort.
Q4 - 2016
(1st October 2016 - 31st December 2016)
- Android APP released on Google Play store. The app is currently being piloted with MMU nursing students.
- Reminder script created to notify Team Managers and PEFs when a student has not been assigned a mentor before the first day of placement.
- Bolton Nursing PAN assessment document launched on the demo site.
- Night shift is now an option in the time-sheet.
- A pdf quarterly report is now available as a dashboard widget. This feature allows PEFs to download a detailed PDF report relating to their trust/PVI. The report contains statistics, graphs and comparisons with the previous quarter, as well as in-depth analysis for each profession and placement area.
- Mentors and Team Managers can enter their mentorship qualification details in the profile section.
- Placement office staff at across all universities can now use a placement's PARE ID when importing student data via CSV
- Update to allow academic staff to sign off a student's time-sheet as required
- A pdf quarterly report is now available as a dashboard widget. This feature allows module leaders to download a detailed PDF report relating to their university. The report contains statistics, graphs and comparisons with the previous quarter.
- New feature added to allow time-sheet data to be downloaded in CSV format (file can be opened using WIndows Excel)
Q3 - 2016
(1st July 2016 - 31st September 2016)
- Created a REST API in preparation for development of an OnlinePARE app and to allow future integration with other online systems.
- New functionality added to API to handle interactions with soon to be launched Android App.
- Switch account feature added, this allows a user to have a second OnlinePARE account. A second account my be required when a trust PEF also manages a PVI area.
- University of Salford's nursing assessment document was added to the demo site.
- Bolton University's nursing assessment document was added to the demo site.
- UCLan paramedic assessment document added to the demo site.
- New timesheet layout developed for the App.
- Reduced question set now available for spoke placements.
- Placement manger added, this allows a PEF to view all students in a particular area.
- PEFs and Team Managers can now bulk import mentors by simply adding a list of email addresses to a placement area.
- PEFs can now delete users, as well as change user's account type. (e.g. change a Mentor to a Team Manager)
- Placement section updated to display all students who have attended the area. Also displayed are Academic Links, as well as Mentors & Team Managers assigned to the placement area.
- HEI preferences feature added to allow placement office staff to set the deadlines for completed evaluations.
Q2 - 2016
(1st April 2016 - 30th June 2016)
- University of Salford's midwifery assessment document launched on demo site.
- University of Salford's social work assessment document is now on the demo site.
- Manchester Metropolitan University's nursing assessment document was added to the demo site.
- Cheshire & Merseyside PAR: Reminder script created to notify students and staff when certain sections have not been completed.
- Students using the online PAR will now receive a notification containing a summary of all changes made to their document when their mentor makes changes to it.
- Improved reporting features. Individual question statistics are now available for all evaluations.
- Mentors & Team Managers can now add their mentor status and expiry date.
- Mentors assigned to a student using the online PAR will now receive a notification containing a summary of all changes made to the student's document.
- Improved reporting features, individual question statistics are now available for all evaluations.
- New feature that checks for duplicate placements when adding a new placement to the system. Suggestions of possible matches are displayed to the user before a new placement is added.
Q1 - 2016
(1st January 2016 - 31st March 2016)
- UCLan and University of Salford physio assessment document added to the demo site.
- Evaluation and Time-sheet sidebar added to all PAR documents
- New training videos and screencasts added. These videos are available through the 'Training Resources' section and our YouTube Channel.
- Mobile version improvements
- Students using the PAR will now receive a notification when their mentor has been assigned
- New feature that allows students to add spokes to the system. This feature is a dashboard widget.
- Reminder script added to prompt student to complete timesheet if the have fallen more than a week behind.
- New feature added to allow team managers and PEFs to assign mentors to students using the PAR
- Mentors now receive a notification once they have been assigned to a student using the PAR
- Mentors will now receive a reminder to sign off weeks on their allocated student's timesheet.
- PEFs and Team Managers can now filter evaluation placement ratings by date and profession.
- Placement office staff at Cheshire & Merseyside universities can now use PLSS IDs when import student data via CSV
- Placement office staff can now activate PAR documents and Timesheets via the user management interface
- Help guide add to CSV import page.
Q4 - 2015
(1st October 2015 - 31st December 2015)
- Demo site launched (demo.onlinepare.net). This site allows students and mentors to explore various system features such as the evaluation, timesheet and PAR documents. The demo site hosts various PAR documents and is completely standalone from the live system.
- Time-sheet optimised for smartphones and tablets.
- PAR and Time-sheet now available to download in PDF format
- New Time-sheet widget containing bar graph of hours now available on the student dashboard.
- New feature available allowing students to upload a scanned document to certain PAR pages. Students can scan or photograph a signed document relating to a placement experience and easily add it to their online PAR. For example, 'Short Visits' in the Cheshire & Merseyside PAR has this feature
- Time-sheets now lock when 6 weeks past the placement end date
- Counter-signature option now available on all PAR documents
- Concern words now used in evaluations are flagged up to PEFs
- PEFs and Team Managers can add a note to student evaluation comments. These comments are also visible to HEI staff.
- PEFs can send rest password emails to any register staff member via the user management interface.
- New feature to allow PEFs to decide when Team Managers should receive evaluation feedback. This allows PEFs to view evaluation data before it becomes available to Team Managers.
- Counter-signature option now available on all PAR documents.
- Concern words now used in student evaluations are flagged up to Academic Links and Module Leaders.
- HEI staff can add a note to student evaluation comments. These comments are also visible to certain Trust/PVI staff.
- New feature to load email addresses of all students in a cohort who have yet to submit their evaluation.
- HEI can now send reset password emails to any register staff member via the user management interface.